Suspension System Maintenance Tips
- Lube Chassis every time you change your oil, or at least every 10,000 miles
- Align front end whenever experiencing abnormal tire wear
- Inspect ball joins every 20,000 miles
- Check steering linkage and free play every 20,000 miles
- Clean and repack front end bearings and replace seal every two years 24,000 miles
- Inspect rear suspension every 20,000 miles
- Rotate tires every 20,000 miles
- Check air pressure and tire wear every 7,500 miles. Rotate tires and align if there is any sign of wear.
- Check bellows on rack-and-pinion unit every time the chassis is lubed. Leaking units should be replaced.
- Replace OE shocks after 50,000 miles.
Illustrations – Russell von Sauers
Tips = Car Quest